Military conflicts similar to or like Pacific War
The theater of World War II that was fought in Asia, the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and Oceania. Wikipedia
Historical nation-state that existed from the Meiji Restoration in 1868 until the enactment of the post-World War II 1947 constitution and subsequent formation of modern Japan. It encompassed the Japanese archipelago and several colonies, protectorates, mandates, and other territories. Wikipedia
Military conflict that was primarily waged between the Republic of China and the Empire of Japan. Known as the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression, or as the oriental theatre of the World Anti-Fascist War, the latter term originating from Mao Zedong's wartime alliance with Stalin. Wikipedia
The military history of the United States in World War II covers the war against the Axis Powers, starting with the 7 December 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. Signed into law on 11 March 1941, as well as deploying the US military to replace the British forces stationed in Iceland. Wikipedia
War crimes were committed by the Empire of Japan in many Asian-Pacific countries during the period of Japanese imperialism, primarily during the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II. These incidents have been described as an "Asian Holocaust.", but this characterisation has been challenged by scholars on the basis of unique features of the Holocaust. Wikipedia
Sentences forPacific War
- Japan's armed forces initially achieved large-scale military successes during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and the Pacific War.
- On 7 December 1941 (8 December in Asian time zones), Japan attacked British and American holdings with near-simultaneous offensives against Southeast Asia and the Central Pacific.
- It achieved notable acclaim in the Pacific Theater, where it was instrumental to the Allies' successful "island hopping" campaign.
- Thereafter, Kennedy was assigned duty in Panama and later in the Pacific theater, where he eventually commanded two more PT boats.
- Initial planning was constrained by the number of available landing craft, most of which were already committed in the Mediterranean and Pacific.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Pacific War