Military conflicts similar to or like Pacific War
The theater of World War II that was fought in Asia, the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and Oceania. Wikipedia
Historical nation-state that existed from the Meiji Restoration in 1868 until the enactment of the post-World War II 1947 constitution and subsequent formation of modern Japan. It encompassed the Japanese archipelago and several colonies, protectorates, mandates, and other territories. Wikipedia
Military conflict that was primarily waged between the Republic of China and the Empire of Japan. Known as the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression, or as the oriental theatre of the World Anti-Fascist War, the latter term originating from Mao Zedong's wartime alliance with Stalin. Wikipedia
The military history of the United States in World War II covers the war against the Axis Powers, starting with the 7 December 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. Signed into law on 11 March 1941, as well as deploying the US military to replace the British forces stationed in Iceland. Wikipedia
War crimes were committed by the Empire of Japan in many Asian-Pacific countries during the period of Japanese imperialism, primarily during the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II. These incidents have been described as an "Asian Holocaust.", but this characterisation has been challenged by scholars on the basis of unique features of the Holocaust. Wikipedia
The South-East Asian Theatre of World War II consisted of the campaigns of the Pacific War in Burma, India, Thailand, the Philippines, Indochina, Malaya and Singapore. Japan attacked British and American territories with near-simultaneous offensives against Southeast Asia and the Central Pacific on 7/8 December 1941. Wikipedia
Major component in all theaters of the war and, together with anti-aircraft warfare, consumed a large fraction of the industrial output of the major powers. Germany and Japan depended on air forces that were closely integrated with land and naval forces; the Axis powers downplayed the advantage of fleets of strategic bombers, and were late in appreciating the need to defend against Allied strategic bombing. Wikipedia
The military history of the United Kingdom in World War II covers the Second World War against the Axis powers, starting on 3 September 1939 when Britain and France, followed by Britain's Dominions and Crown colonies, declared war on Nazi Germany in response to the invasion of Poland by Germany. Little, however, the Anglo-French alliance could do or did do to help Poland. Wikipedia
Military conflict within the Second World War beginning soon after midnight on August 9, 1945, with the Soviet invasion of the Japanese puppet state of Manchukuo. The Soviets and Mongolians ended Japanese control of Manchukuo, Mengjiang (Inner Mongolia), northern Korea, Karafuto, and the Chishima Islands (Kuril Islands). Wikipedia
The sustained aerial attack on railways, harbours, cities, workers' and civilian housing, and industrial districts in enemy territory during World War II. Military strategy which is distinct from both close air support of ground forces and tactical air power. Wikipedia
The Allied leaders of World War II listed below comprise the important political and military figures who fought for or supported the Allies during World War II. Engaged in total war, they had to adapt to new types of modern warfare, on the military, psychological and economic fronts. Wikipedia
List of military engagements of World War II encompassing land, naval, and air engagements as well as campaigns, operations, defensive lines and sieges. Campaigns generally refer to broader strategic operations conducted over a large bit of territory and over a long period. Wikipedia
Allied forces conducted many air raids on Japan during World War II, causing extensive destruction to the country's cities and killing between 241,000 and 900,000 people. During the first years of the Pacific War these attacks were limited to the Doolittle Raid in April 1942 and small-scale raids on military positions in the Kuril Islands from mid-1943. Wikipedia
The beginning of a new era for all countries involved, defined by the decline of all European colonial empires and simultaneous rise of two superpowers: the Soviet Union and the United States (USA). Instead characterized by espionage, political subversion and proxy wars. Wikipedia
Day on which Imperial Japan surrendered in World War II, in effect bringing the war to an end. Made – August 15, 1945, in Japan, and because of time zone differences, August 14, 1945 – as well as to September 2, 1945, when the surrender document was signed, officially ending World War II. Wikipedia
Sentences forPacific War
- Japan's armed forces initially achieved large-scale military successes during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and the Pacific War.
- On 7 December 1941 (8 December in Asian time zones), Japan attacked British and American holdings with near-simultaneous offensives against Southeast Asia and the Central Pacific.
- It achieved notable acclaim in the Pacific Theater, where it was instrumental to the Allies' successful "island hopping" campaign.
- Thereafter, Kennedy was assigned duty in Panama and later in the Pacific theater, where he eventually commanded two more PT boats.
- Initial planning was constrained by the number of available landing craft, most of which were already committed in the Mediterranean and Pacific.
- The French maintained full control over their colonies until World War II, when the war in the Pacific led to the Japanese invasion of French Indochina in 1940.
- In the Pacific theater of World War II the Corps took the lead in a massive campaign of amphibious warfare, advancing from island to island.
- From February 3 to March 3, 1945, Manila was the site of one of the bloodiest battles in the Pacific theater of World War II.
- China fought the Japanese Empire before joining the Allies in the Pacific War.
- On 10 January 1942, during the Dutch East Indies Campaign, Japanese forces invaded the Dutch East Indies as part of the Pacific War.
- After its entry into the Pacific War during World War II, the United States became increasingly involved in Chinese affairs.
- It operates as the country's main research organization until the outbreak of World War II in Asia Pacific in 1942.
- In the Pacific theatre as well, Free French vessels operated until the Japanese capitulation; was present at the Japanese Instrument of Surrender.
- The February 1945 Yalta Conference provided for the Soviet Union's participation in the Pacific War.
- In World War II, the Marines performed a central role in the Pacific War, along with the U.S. Army.
- Upon the Japanese defeat in the Pacific War and its consequent surrender in August 1945, the Kuomintang (Chinese Nationalist Party) assumed control of Taiwan.
- After suffering defeat in the Pacific War and two atomic bombings, Japan surrendered in 1945 and came under a seven-year Allied occupation, during which it adopted a new constitution.
- Labor, led by Curtin, then led Australia through the years of the Pacific War.
- The United States entered the European Theatre and Pacific Theater in full force, thereby bringing the United States to World War II on the side of the Allies.
- When both sides formally declared war in December 1941, the name was replaced by "Greater East Asia War" (大東亞戰爭).
- During the Pacific War, the Japanese invasion of Malaya culminated in the Battle of Singapore.
- On December 7–8, 1941, Japanese forces carried out surprise attacks on Pearl Harbor, as well as on British forces in Malaya, Singapore, and Hong Kong, among others, beginning World War II in the Pacific.
- Some scholars consider the European War and the Pacific War to be entirely separate, albeit concurrent, wars.
- The war made up the Chinese theater of the wider Pacific Theater of the Second World War.
- The Allies counter-invaded Guadalcanal in August 1942, followed by the New Georgia campaign in 1943, both of which were turning points in the Pacific War, stopping and then countering the Japanese advance.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Pacific War