Chinese similar to or like Panchen Lama
Tulku of the Gelug school of Tibetan Buddhism. Wikipedia
Sentences forPanchen Lama
- The Qianlong Emperor instituted a system of selecting the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama by a lottery that used a Golden Urn with names wrapped in clumps of barley.
- Then, the Panchen Lama, in Shigatse, negotiated the lifting of the ban, enabling the boy to be recognised as Lobsang Gyatso, the 5th Dalai Lama.
- Led by lamas, rebels took control of four provinces in hopes of an intervention of by revered Panchen Lama or support by the Japanese.
- The Panchen Lama, the Tibetan hierarch in charge of the designation of the future successor of the Dalai Lama, is the matter of controversy between the Chinese government and Tenzin Gyatso.
- They eventually nominated one Pekar Dzinpa, a monk but also rumored to be Lhazang's son, and Lhazang had him installed as the 'real' Sixth Dalai Lama, endorsed by the Panchen Lama and named Yeshe Gyatso in 1707.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Panchen Lama