Topics similar to or like Panzerwaffe
Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Wikipedia
- Though some tank brigades were part of the Cavalry or Infantry arm, most German tanks were concentrated into a special branch, from 1936 called the Panzerwaffe.
- In this role, he had broad responsibility to rebuild and train new panzer forces but saw limited success due to Germany's worsening war economy.
- The Panzerwaffe (armoured corps), the natural user of tracked fighting vehicles, had no resources to spare for the formation of StuG units and neither did the infantry.
- His fame and familiar uniform gave rise to two separate Third Reich units adopting black dress with Totenkopf badges: the Panzerwaffe, which claimed the tradition of the Imperial Cavalry, and the Schutzstaffel.
- Within the Wehrmacht (established in 1935) the command for motorised armored forces was named the Panzerwaffe in 1936.
- The ancient jawless Danziger style of Totenkopf was gradually replaced by the 'classic' SS skull, a naturalistic design with grinning jaws; the old form was taken up by the army's newly formed Panzerwaffe.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Panzerwaffe