Topics similar to or like Par (score)
Predetermined number of strokes that a proficient golfer should require to complete a hole, a round (the sum of the pars of the played holes), or a tournament (the sum of the pars of each round). Wikipedia
Scoring system in the sport of golf in which the total number of strokes is counted over one, or more rounds, of 18 holes; as opposed to match play, in which the player, or team, earns a point for each hole in which they have bested their opponents. Player who has taken the fewest strokes over the course of the round, or rounds. Wikipedia
Scoring system for golf in which a player, or team, earns a point for each hole in which they have bested their opponents; as opposed to stroke play, in which the total number of strokes is counted over one or more rounds of 18 holes. Player, or team, with the most points at the end of play. Wikipedia
Sentences forPar (score)
- There have been only four double eagles carded in the history of the Masters; the latest was by a contender in the fourth round in 2012.
- Spieth set the record for the most birdies during the Masters by making 28 and became the second-youngest person to win the Masters.
- On the whole, match play encourages more aggressive play, especially at the professional level, where a par is not usually good enough to win a hole.
- Usually, the number of throws a player uses to reach each target is tallied (often in relation to par), and players seek to complete each hole in the lowest number of total throws.
- His final Masters was in 2001 at age 78; he withdrew after an opening-hole double-bogey and was asked not to participate in future tournaments.
- As such, they are more common and considered less impressive than other hole accomplishments such as completing a par 5 in two shots (an albatross).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Par (score)