Companies similar to or like Paramount Pictures
American film studio and a subsidiary of ViacomCBS. Wikipedia
Major film studios are production and distribution companies that release a substantial number of films annually and consistently command a significant share of box office revenue in a given market. In the American and international markets, the major film studios, often simply known as the majors, are commonly regarded as the five diversified media conglomerates whose various film production and distribution subsidiaries collectively command approximately 80–85% of U.S. box office revenue. Wikipedia
American commercial broadcast television and radio network owned by ViacomCBS through its CBS Entertainment Group division. Headquartered at the CBS Building in New York City, with major production facilities and operations in New York City and Los Angeles (at CBS Television City and the CBS Studio Center). Wikipedia
American film studio that is the division of Paramount Pictures, focusing on "contemporary properties" while working with other ViacomCBS brands. The name alludes to the company's earliest origins as Famous Players Film Company, before its 1914 founding by William Wadsworth Hodkinson. Wikipedia
American premium television network that is owned by ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks, and is the flagship property of parent subsidiary under its Premium Content Group unit, Showtime Networks. Showtime's programming primarily includes theatrically released motion pictures and original television series, along with boxing and mixed martial arts matches, occasional stand-up comedy specials, and made-for-TV movies. Wikipedia
Sentences forParamount Pictures
- In the mid-1950s, ABC merged with United Paramount Theatres (UPT), a chain of movie theaters that formerly operated as a subsidiary of Paramount Pictures.
- In 1991, Tartikoff left his role as NBC's President of Entertainment to take an executive position at Paramount Pictures.
- However, the deal did not include the distribution rights for previously released films which DreamWorks Animation acquired from Paramount Pictures later in 2014.
- In the early 1970s, Universal teamed up with Paramount to form Cinema International Corporation, which distributed films by Paramount and Universal outside of the US and Canada.
- On February 2, 1942, Mercer and Wallichs met DeSylva at a restaurant in Hollywood to talk about investment by Paramount Pictures.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Paramount Pictures