French communes similar to or like Paris
Capital and most populous city of France, with an estimated population of 2,175,601 residents as of 2018, in an area of more than 105 km2. Wikipedia
The city of Paris has notable examples of architecture of every period, from the Middle Ages to the 21st century. The birthplace of the Gothic style, and has important monuments of the French Renaissance, Classical revival, the Flamboyant style of the reign of Napoleon III, the Belle Époque, and the Art Nouveau style. Wikipedia
Period in the history of the city between the years 1871 to 1914, from the beginning of the Third French Republic until the First World War. It saw the construction of the Eiffel Tower, the Paris Métro, the completion of the Paris Opera, and the beginning of the Basilica of Sacré-Cœur on Montmartre. Wikipedia
The culture of Paris concerns the arts, music, museums, festivals and other entertainment in Paris, the capital city of France. Today one of the world's leading business and cultural centers; entertainment, music, media, fashion, and the arts all contribute to its status as one of the world's major global cities. Wikipedia
Annual 30 million foreign visitors, and so is one of the most visited cities in the world. Paris' sights include monuments and architecture, such as its Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and neo-classic Haussmannian boulevards and buildings as well as museums, operas and concert halls. Wikipedia
- Communes vary widely in size and area, from large sprawling cities with millions of inhabitants like Paris, to small hamlets with only a handful of inhabitants.
- In 1295, both Scotland and France signed what became known as the Auld Alliance in Paris, which acted as a military and diplomatic alliance between English invasion and expansion.
- France is a unitary semi-presidential republic with its capital in Paris, the country's largest city and main cultural and commercial centre.
- The team played in the first women's international matches in 1920, against a team from Paris, France, in April, and also made up most of the England team against a Scottish Ladies XI in 1920, and winning 22–0.
- There are on average 27 m2 of parks per person in Moscow compared with 6 for Paris, 7.5 in London and 8.6 in New York.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Paris