Legislatures similar to or like Parliament of Zimbabwe
Bicameral legislature of Zimbabwe and is composed of two chambers: the Senate and the National Assembly. Wikipedia
This article lists the speakers of the National Assembly of Zimbabwe and its historical antecedents: House of Assembly of Southern Rhodesia in 1923–1953 and 1963–1965, Federal Assembly of Rhodesia and Nyasaland in 1953–1963, House of Assembly of Rhodesia in 1965–1979 and House of Assembly of Zimbabwe in 1980–2013. Unicameral legislature from 1965 to 1970, and the lower house of the bicameral Parliament of Rhodesia from 1970 to 1979. Wikipedia
Sentences forParliament of Zimbabwe
- The new Zimbabwean parliament opened on 15 May 1980, a month after formal independence from Britain, with Smith as the reconstituted country's first Leader of the Opposition.
- Soldiers also blocked access to the Parliament of Zimbabwe, government buildings, courthouses, and the president's official residence in Harare.
- In particular, the ZCTU said that the MDC should not take up its seats in parliament, and should concentrate on extra-parliamentary affairs.
- The bicameral Parliament of Zimbabwe had a directly elected House of Assembly and an indirectly elected Senate, partly made up of tribal chiefs.
- His enduring popularity as a symbol of Parliamentary freedom continues; in 2012, Mount Hampden was selected as the location for the new Zimbawean Parliament, which is under construction.
- The National Assembly of Zimbabwe, previously the House of Assembly until 2013, is the lower house of the Parliament of Zimbabwe.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Parliament of Zimbabwe