Historical events similar to or like Partition of India
The division of British India into two independent dominion states, India and Pakistan. Wikipedia
The predecessors to the contemporary Army of India were many: the sepoy regiments, native cavalry, irregular horse and Indian sapper and miner companies raised by the three British presidencies. Raised under the British Raj in the 19th century by taking the erstwhile presidency armies, merging them, and bringing them under the Crown. Wikipedia
Divided into two sets of territories, one under direct British rule, and the other under the suzerainty of the British Crown, with control over their internal affairs remaining in the hands of their hereditary rulers. The latter included 562 princely states, having different types of revenue sharing arrangements with the British, often depending on their size, population and local conditions. Wikipedia
Undoing of colonialism, the latter being the process whereby a nation establishes and maintains its domination of foreign territories (often overseas territories ). The concept particularly applies to the dismantlement, during the second half of the 20th century, of the colonial empires established prior to World War I throughout the world. Wikipedia
Sentences forPartition of India
- Post-Partition the Indian government advocated for a policy of Sanskritization leading to a marginalisation of the Persian element in Hindi.
- At the time of the partition in 1947, Pakistan had a population of 32.5 million; the population increased by ~57.2% between the years 1990 and 2009.
- As a result of religious nationalism since the partition of British India and continued communal tensions, native speakers of both Hindi and Urdu frequently assert them to be distinct languages.
- A post-partition successor to the party survived as the Pakistan National Congress, a party which represented the rights of religious minorities in the state.
- The borders drawn by the British to broadly partition India into Hindu and Muslim areas left tens of millions as minorities in the newly independent states of India and Pakistan.
- However, the post-Independence re-organisation of Indian states according to linguistic and ethnic basis has moderated Tamil nationalism, especially the demand for separation from the Indian Union.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Partition of India