Musical artists similar to or like Paul Whiteman
American bandleader, composer, orchestral director, and violist. Wikipedia
American jazz cornetist, pianist, and composer. One of the most influential jazz soloists of the 1920s, a cornet player noted for an inventive lyrical approach and purity of tone, with such clarity of sound that one contemporary famously described it like "shooting bullets at a bell". Wikipedia
Music genre that originated in the African-American communities of New Orleans, Louisiana, United States, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with its roots in blues and ragtime. Since the 1920s Jazz Age, it has been recognized as a major form of musical expression in traditional and popular music, linked by the common bonds of African-American and European-American musical parentage. Wikipedia
Sentences forPaul Whiteman
- In 1932, Mercer won a contest to sing with the Paul Whiteman orchestra, but singing with the band did not help his situation significantly.
- In 1926, jazz band leader Paul Whiteman was on tour in Vienna when he met and was interviewed by Wilder, a fan of Whiteman's band.
- On June 5, 1942, Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra recorded four songs at the studio.
- Paul Whiteman developed a style he called "symphonic jazz," grafting a classical approach over his interpretation of jazz rhythms in an approach he hoped would be the future of jazz.
- When they got a chance to present an independent act, they were spotted by a member of the Paul Whiteman organization.
- (In 1928, Grappelli was a member of the orchestra at the Ambassador Hotel while bandleader Paul Whiteman and Joe Venuti were performing there.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Paul Whiteman