Treaties similar to or like Peace of Riga
Signed in Riga on 18 March 1921, among Poland, Soviet Russia (acting also on behalf of Soviet Belarus) and Soviet Ukraine. Wikipedia
The Declaration and Treaty on the Formation of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (Декларация и договор об образовании Союза Советских Социалистических Республик) officially created the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR), commonly known as the Soviet Union. The executive) where key functions were centralised in Moscow. Wikipedia
Fought by the Second Polish Republic and Soviet Russia over a region comparable to today's westernmost Ukraine and parts of modern Belarus. Right to expand Polish borders as far east as feasible, to be followed by a Polish-led Intermarium federation of Central and Eastern European states, as a bulwark against the re-emergence of German and Russian expansionism. Wikipedia
Georgian revolutionary and Soviet politician who ruled the Soviet Union from the mid-1920s until his death in 1953. During his years in power, he served as both General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1922–1952) and Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Soviet Union (1941–1953). Wikipedia
The Border Agreement between Poland and the USSR of 16 August 1945 established the borders between the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) and the Republic of Poland. Signed by the Provisional Government of National Unity formed by the Polish communists. Wikipedia
Sentences forPeace of Riga
- According to the Peace of Riga, western Ukraine was incorporated into Poland, which in turn recognised the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic in March 1919.
- The parties signed a formal peace treaty, the Peace of Riga, on 18 March 1921, dividing the disputed territories between Poland and Soviet Russia.
- The Soviets invaded and annexed much of eastern Poland, which had been part of the country since the Peace of Riga two decades earlier.
- The Polish armies pushed the Red Army back into Russia, forcing Sovnarkom to sue for peace; the war culminated in the Peace of Riga, in which Russia ceded territory to Poland.
- A large number of Russian Jews emigrated to Poland, as they were entitled by the Peace treaty of Riga to choose the country they preferred.
- The Peace of Riga was signed on 18 March 1921, splitting the disputed territories in Belarus and Ukraine between Poland and the Soviet Union.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Peace of Riga