People similar to or like Peter O'Toole
British stage and film actor of Irish descent. Wikipedia
English actor who worked in film, television and theatre. He attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and worked in the theatre before attaining prominence on screen in the early 1960s, debuting with The Entertainer (1960), directed by Tony Richardson, who had previously directed him in the theatre. Wikipedia
English actor. Early career on the stage, Guinness was featured in several of the Ealing Comedies, including Kind Hearts and Coronets , in which he played nine different characters, The Lavender Hill Mob (1951), for which he received his first Academy Award nomination, and The Ladykillers (1955). Wikipedia
British Academy Film Award presented annually by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts to recognize an actor who has delivered an outstanding leading performance in a film. Note: Dustin Hoffman's total of eight nominations, includes his 1968 Most Promising Newcomer nomination for The Graduate. Wikipedia
Sentences forPeter O'Toole
- The opening production of the National Theatre was Hamlet in October 1963, starring Peter O'Toole and directed by Olivier.
- Two of the most celebrated Irish actors of the 20th century, Siobhán McKenna and Peter O'Toole, have strong family connections with Galway.
- Fearing her father's exposure, she sets out to steal one of his "priceless" statues with the help of a man played by Peter O'Toole.
- Stewart stated that performing in this play was the fulfilment of a 50-year ambition, having seen Peter O'Toole appear in it at the Bristol Old Vic while Stewart was just 17.
- Lawrence of Arabia would go on to win the Oscar and Golden Globe for best picture, and Quinn received a Golden Globe nomination for best actor alongside co-star Peter O'Toole.
- The "National Theatre Company" opened on 22 October 1963 with Hamlet, starring Peter O'Toole in the title role.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Peter O'Toole