Historic sites similar to or like Petra
Historic and archaeological city in southern Jordan. Wikipedia
- Petra, Nabataea's barren capital, flourished in the 1st century AD, driven by its extensive water irrigation systems and agriculture.
- Some very well preserved historical cities include Petra and Jerash, the former being Jordan's most popular tourist attraction and an icon of the kingdom.
- What is known is that by 107, Roman legions were stationed in the area around Petra and Bosrah, as is shown by a papyrus found in Egypt.
- The Dead Men have a Celtic influence, as well as lines and symmetry to reflect their morbid state, while their underground city is influenced by Petra.
- He wrote that Pompey marched on Petra (the capital of the Kingdom of Nabataea) to confirm Aretas, who wanted to become a friend of Rome.
- Mecca's prominence as a trading center also surpassed the cities of Petra and Palmyra.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Petra