Settlements similar to or like Philadelphia
Largest city in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania and the sixth-most populous U.S. city, with a 2019 estimated population of 1,584,064. Wikipedia
- Because of the 191 prefix, which is found only in Philadelphia apart from that lone exception, auto insurance companies charged higher city premiums to residents of that suburban location.
- Five years earlier, a band of unpaid soldiers had besieged Congress while its members were meeting in Philadelphia.
- By 1790, New York had surpassed Philadelphia to become the largest city in the United States, but by the end of that year, pursuant to the Residence Act, the national capital was moved to Philadelphia.
- With the exception of the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, municipalities and school districts are allowed to enact a local earned income tax within the purview of Act 32.
- In 1910, the first air delivery of The New York Times to Philadelphia began.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Philadelphia