Countries similar to or like Philippines
Archipelagic country in Southeast Asia. Wikipedia
Sovereign island city-state in maritime Southeast Asia. It lies about one degree of latitude (137 km) north of the equator, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, bordering the Straits of Malacca to the west, the Riau Islands (Indonesia) to the south, and the South China Sea to the east. Wikipedia
Transcontinental country straddling Southeastern Europe and Western Asia. Bordered on its northwest by Greece and Bulgaria; north by the Black Sea; northeast by Georgia; east by Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Iran; southeast by Iraq; south by Syria and the Mediterranean Sea; and west by the Aegean Sea. Wikipedia
- The United States thus left its vast Asian colony, the Philippines, isolated and fighting a losing struggle against Japanese invasion and occupation.
- Furthermore, in recent years, growing migration fluxes from Asia-Pacific (notably China and the Philippines) and Latin America have been recorded.
- As of 2012, the Philippines and the Vatican City are the only jurisdictions which do not allow divorce (this is currently under discussion in Philippines).
- (The Philippines does, however, allow divorce for Muslims.)
- Spain has maintained its special relations with Hispanic America and the Philippines.
- The first significant exposure of the Philippines to the English language occurred in 1762 when the British occupied Manila during the Seven Years' War, but this was a brief episode that had no lasting influence.
- Philadelphia's Asian American population originates mainly from China, India, Vietnam, South Korea, and the Philippines.
- Under Nasir's leadership the ISI was also involved in supporting Chinese Muslims in Xinjiang Province, rebel Muslim groups in the Philippines, and some religious groups in Central Asia.
- East Malaysia shares land and maritime borders with Brunei and Indonesia and a maritime border with the Philippines and Vietnam.
- Around the world, the only countries to forbid divorce are Philippines and Vatican City, although in practice in many countries which use a fault-based divorce system obtaining a divorce is very difficult.
- Unlike its neighbours of Vietnam and the Philippines, Malaysia historically avoided conflicts with China.
- Magellan never made it back to Europe as he was murdered by natives in the Philippines in 1521.
- In urban areas of the Philippines, the term "village" most commonly refers to private subdivisions, especially gated communities.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Philippines