Sports rivalries similar to or like Phillies–Pirates rivalry
Major League Baseball rivalry between the Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates. Wikipedia
The Philadelphia Phillies are a Major League Baseball franchise based in Philadelphia. They play in the National League East division. Wikipedia
Sentences forPhillies–Pirates rivalry
- Notably, 1973 was the only NL East title between 1970 and 1980 that wasn't won by either the Philadelphia Phillies or the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- During the two-division era, from 1969 to 1993, the Philadelphia Phillies and the Pittsburgh Pirates together owned more than half of the division titles, having won a combined 15 of 25 championships during that span.
- The Phillies 1993 championship was also part of a four-year reign of exclusive division championships by the Phillies and the Pittsburgh Pirates, their in-state rivals.
- This was the only season between and that the National League East wasn't won by either Philadelphia or Pittsburgh.
- When the Pirates in-state rivals (also the Mets' own division rivals), the Philadelphia Phillies, next came to New York City, they thanked Stearns for standing up to Parker.
- Their division title in 1995 marked the first time since 1989 that neither Pennsylvania team won the National League East.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Phillies–Pirates rivalry