Films similar to or like Pi (film)
1998 American psychological thriller film written and directed by Darren Aronofsky in his feature directorial debut. Wikipedia
2008 American sports drama film directed and produced by Darren Aronofsky, written by Robert Siegel, and starring Mickey Rourke, Marisa Tomei, and Evan Rachel Wood. Released in a limited capacity on December 17, 2008, and was released nationwide on January 23, 2009. Wikipedia
2014 American epic Biblical drama film directed by Darren Aronofsky and inspired by the Biblical story of Noah's Ark from the Book of Genesis. Co-written by Aronofsky and Ari Handel, stars Russell Crowe as Noah, along with Jennifer Connelly, Emma Watson, Ray Winstone, Logan Lerman, Douglas Booth, and Anthony Hopkins. Wikipedia
2015 psychological thriller film written, co-produced, and directed by Joel Edgerton in his feature directorial debut, and co-produced by Jason Blum and Rebecca Yeldham. The film stars Jason Bateman and Rebecca Hall as a couple intimidated by a figure from Simon's past played by Edgerton. Wikipedia
2016 psychological thriller war film written and directed by Fabio Guaglione and Fabio Resinaro, in their feature film directorial debuts. It stars Armie Hammer as a United States Marine who steps on a landmine during a botched mission and must remain still until help arrives. Wikipedia
2018 American supernatural psychological horror drama film written and directed by Ari Aster, in his feature directorial debut. It stars Toni Collette, Alex Wolff, Milly Shapiro and Gabriel Byrne as a family haunted by a mysterious presence after the death of their secretive grandmother. Wikipedia
2017 American drama film written, directed, and edited by Kogonada in his feature directorial debut. The film follows the son of a renowned architecture scholar (John Cho) who gets stranded in Columbus, Indiana, and strikes up a friendship with a young architecture enthusiast (Haley Lu Richardson) who works at the local library. Wikipedia
2011 American psychological thriller film directed by Zal Batmanglij in his feature directorial debut and starring Christopher Denham, Nicole Vicius and Brit Marling. The plot focuses on two documentary filmmakers who attempt to expose a cult led by a charismatic leader (Marling) who claims to be from the future. Wikipedia
1996 American neo-noir crime thriller film written and directed by the Wachowskis in their feature film directorial debut. Violet (Jennifer Tilly), who longs to escape her relationship with her mafioso boyfriend Caesar (Joe Pantoliano), enters into a clandestine affair with alluring ex-con Corky (Gina Gershon), and the two women hatch a scheme to steal $2 million of mafia money. Wikipedia
2014 American independent horror film written and directed by Michael Aguiar and is his feature film directorial debut. It released on October 31, 2014, and stars John Hardy as a man who must face down the serial killer known only as "Laughing Mask", who murdered John's family. Wikipedia
Sentences forPi (film)
- Cinematographer Frank G. DeMarco is credited with inventing Ultra 16 in 1996 while shooting tests for Darren Aronofsky's Pi.
- The movie Pi is filmed entirely in black-and-white, with a grainy effect until the end.
- Aronofsky's feature debut, the surrealist psychological thriller Pi, was shot in November 1997.
- The highly technological aesthetics of Brazil inspired the set design of Max Cohen's apartment in the film Pi.
- Darren Aronofsky's film Pi (1998) is an "incredibly complex and ambiguous film filled with both incredible style and substance" about a paranoid mathematician's "search for peace".
- The film rights to Hubert Selby Jr.'s book were optioned by Scott Vogel for Truth and Soul Pictures in 1997 prior to the release of Aronofsky's film π.
- As in his previous film, π, Aronofsky uses montages of extremely short shots throughout the film (sometimes termed a hip hop montage).
- He became seriously interested in film while attending Harvard after befriending Dan Schrecker, an aspiring animator, and Sean Gullette, who would go on to star in Aronofsky's first film, Pi.
- In Pi, Max Cohen and Lenny Meyer can be seen reciting the first three verses of the Shema.
- Years later, after finishing the film Pi, Aronofsky was searching for ideas for his next film and thought that a film about Noah would be a good idea.
- Mansell started composing film soundtracks when director Darren Aronofsky hired him to score his debut film, Pi, in 1996.
- Without a studio and an actor, he decided to write a "no-budget" version of the film, using his experiences filming Pi and Requiem for a Dream with small budgets.
- Aronofsky's debut feature, titled Pi—sometimes stylized as π—was shot in November 1997.
- The opening track, "No Man's Land", featured on the soundtrack to the film, Pi.
- The director relied on a change of locale to inspire him to write Pi and Requiem for a Dream.
- Another film that inspired them to finance the film themselves was Darren Aronofsky's Pi.
- Jeremy Dawson and Dan Schrecker, who had provided visual effects for Darren Aronofsky's π and Requiem for a Dream, returned to The Fountain to help the director with the film's effects.
- Pi, directed by Darren Aronofsky, was made on a budget of $68,000.
- In 1998 Darren Aronofsky's film Pi, Maximillian Cohen is asked a few times by a young child with a calculator to do large multiplications and divisions in his head, which he promptly does, correctly.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Pi (film)