Musical artists similar to or like Pixies (band)
American alternative rock band formed in 1986 in Boston, Massachusetts. Wikipedia
Second studio album by the American alternative rock band Pixies, released in April 1989 on 4AD. The album's offbeat and dark subject material, featuring references to surrealism, Biblical violence, torture and death, contrasts with the clean production sound achieved by the newly hired producer Gil Norton. Wikipedia
Fourth studio album by the American alternative rock band Pixies, released on September 23, 1991 on 4AD in the United Kingdom and Elektra Records in the United States. After the surf-pop of Bossanova (1990), the band returned to the abrasive sound of the band's earlier releases. Wikipedia
Debut album by American alternative rock band the Breeders, released by 4AD records on May 29, 1990. Engineered by Steve Albini, the album features band leader Kim Deal on vocals and guitar, Josephine Wiggs on bass, Britt Walford on drums, and Tanya Donelly on guitar. Wikipedia
American alternative rock band based in Dayton, Ohio, consisting of members Kim Deal , her twin sister Kelley Deal (lead guitar, vocals), Josephine Wiggs (bass guitar, vocals) and Jim Macpherson (drums). Formed by Kim Deal and Tanya Donelly in 1989 as a side-project alongside their full-time bands Pixies and Throwing Muses respectively. Wikipedia
Sentences forPixies (band)
- When Cobain heard the Pixies' 1988 album Surfer Rosa after recording Bleach, he felt it had the sound he wanted to achieve but had been too intimidated to try.
- As American alternative bands like Sonic Youth, which had grown out of the no wave scene, and Boston's Pixies started to gain larger audiences, major labels sought to capitalize on the underground market that had been sustained by hardcore punk for years.
- For example, "First World Problems" from Mandatory Fun is a style take on the Pixies, with the opening stanza reminiscent of the Pixies' "Debaser".
- The 1980s American alternative rock band Pixies were instrumental in helping an adult Cobain develop his own songwriting style.
- Jared, who had briefly attended public school, was more influenced by the music of the Pixies and the Velvet Underground.
- An arena tour of the U.S. with the Pixies and supporting and international tour dates were also announced.
- Pixies vocalist Black Francis credits Russell with influencing his vocal style: "I realise there's a certain kind of vocalising I do that takes its cue from Leon Russell. He sang in a Southern accent but it was very blown-out and exaggerated, very free and loose."
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Pixies (band)