Musical artists similar to or like Placebo (band)
English rock band, formed in London in 1994 by vocalist–guitarist Brian Molko and bassist–guitarist Stefan Olsdal. Wikipedia
English rock band formed in 1980 by vocalist and guitarist Bernard Sumner, bassist Peter Hook and drummer Stephen Morris. The band formed after the demise of Joy Division, following the suicide of lead singer Ian Curtis; they were joined by Gillian Gilbert on keyboards later that year. Wikipedia
Song by English alternative rock band Placebo, released in its original version as a split single with the band Soup by record label Fierce Panda in October 1995. Re-recorded for the band's 1996 self-titled debut album, and this version was released in May 1997 as the fifth and final single from the album. Wikipedia
English rock band formed in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, in 1985. The band consists of Thom Yorke (vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards), brothers Jonny Greenwood (lead guitar, keyboards, other instruments) and Colin Greenwood (bass), Ed O'Brien (guitar, backing vocals) and Philip Selway (drums, percussion). Wikipedia
American rock band formed in Detroit, Michigan in 1992 by vocalist Vinnie Dombroski, guitarist Mike Cross, bassist Tim Cross, drummer Jimmy Paluzzi, and guitarist Joey Mazzola. Dombroski and the Cross brothers were founding members of the hard rock band Loudhouse, later joined by Mazzola at the end of the band's tenure. Wikipedia
American rock band from Athens, Georgia, formed in 1980 by drummer Bill Berry, guitarist Peter Buck, bassist Mike Mills, and lead vocalist Michael Stipe, who were students at the University of Georgia. Liner notes from some of the band's albums list attorney Bertis Downs and manager Jefferson Holt as non-musical members. Wikipedia
American rock band formed by namesake lead singer Marilyn Manson and guitarist Daisy Berkowitz in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in 1989. Originally named Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids, they gained a local cult following in South Florida in the early 1990s with their theatrical live performances. Wikipedia
Sentences forPlacebo (band)
- In 1991, at age 15, Feist got her start in music when she founded and was the lead vocalist for a Calgary punk band called Placebo (not to be confused with the English band Placebo).
- The album sold well, staying near the top of the Indie Rock Chart in the UK for several months, above bands such as Placebo, despite having no touring support from the band.
- Also in 2006, Stipe appeared on the song "Broken Promise" on the Placebo release Meds.
- Brian Molko, lead singer of Placebo, is openly bisexual.
- A feud between Limp Bizkit and Placebo began at a show Durst was compering at Irving Plaza in December 1998.
- Later that year, Flood also mixed Placebo's album Meds.
- On 23 June 2006, Kensit guest hosted The Friday Night Project with band Placebo.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Placebo (band)