Topics similar to or like Pointer (computer programming)
Object in many programming languages that stores a memory address. Wikipedia
Logical system comprising a set of rules that assigns a property called a type to the various constructs of a computer program, such as variables, expressions, functions or modules. These types formalize and enforce the otherwise implicit categories the programmer uses for algebraic data types, data structures, or other components (e.g. "string", "array of float", "function returning boolean"). Wikipedia
Programming paradigm based on the concept of "objects", which can contain data and code: data in the form of fields (often known as attributes or properties), and code, in the form of procedures (often known as methods). That an object's own procedures can access and often modify the data fields of itself . Wikipedia
Association of a name to an entity, such as a variable— is the part of a program where the name binding is valid, that is where the name can be used to refer to the entity. In other parts of the program the name may refer to a different entity (it may have a different binding), or to nothing at all (it may be unbound). Wikipedia
Sentences forPointer (computer programming)
- This implies that non-optional types cannot result in a null-pointer error; the compiler can ensure this is not possible.
- The object is stored as a block of data placed on the heap, while the name (or "handle") to that object is represented by a pointer.
- Ada has no generic or untyped pointers; nor does it implicitly declare any pointer type.
- Pointers are available for all types, and the pointer-to-T type is denoted *T.
- Some programming languages expose pointers as if they were numeric values, and allow users to perform arithmetic on them.
- The GPT header has a pointer to the partition table (Partition Entry Array), which is typically at LBA 2.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Pointer (computer programming)