Holidays similar to or like Pongal (festival)
Also referred to as Thai Pongal (தைப்பொங்கல், also spelled Tai Pongal), is a multi-day Tamil harvest festival of South India, particularly in the Tamil community. Wikipedia
The Tamil diaspora refers to descendants of the Tamil immigrants who emigrated from their native lands (Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Sri Lanka) to other parts of the world. They are found primarily in Malaysia, South Africa, Singapore, Arab states of the Persian Gulf, North America, and Western Europe. Wikipedia
Sentences forPongal (festival)
- An annual cricket tournament, known as the Madras Presidency Matches, was held between Indians and Europeans during Pongal.
- The second day of the Pongal harvest festival is dedicated to Surya in Tamil Nadu, and is called the "Surya Pongal".
- The most important Tamil festivals are Pongal, a harvest festival that occurs in mid-January, and Varudapirappu, the Tamil New Year, which occurs on 14 April.
- From 1960 to 1988, Chennai hosted a test match in second week of January and was termed the Pongal Test as the match coincided with the Pongal harvest festival.
- The main festival celebrated in Tiruchirappalli is Pongal, a regional harvest festival celebrated during January.
- A few holidays, however, are based on the solar cycle, such as the Vaisakhi, Pongal and those associated with Sankranti.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Pongal (festival)