Ports similar to or like Port of Chicago
The Port of Chicago consists of several major port facilities within the city of Chicago, Illinois operated by the Illinois International Port District (formerly known as the Chicago Regional Port District). Wikipedia
Special-purpose district chartered to operate in Cook County, Illinois since 1889. Not a part of the City of Chicago's local government but is created by Illinois state government with an elected Board of Commissioners. Wikipedia
Sentences forPort of Chicago
- The South Side contains most of the facilities of the Port of Chicago.
- While the Chicago River historically handled much of the region's waterborne cargo, today's huge lake freighters use the city's Lake Calumet Harbor on the South Side.
- The headquarters for the Port of Chicago, which operates Foreign Trade Zone #22, is located at 3600 East 95th Street.
- In 1953, Illinois established the Chicago Regional Port District to coordinate with the opening of the Saint Lawrence Seaway to deep water ships.
- Ford Motor Company has an automobile assembly plant on the South Side in Hegewisch, and most of the facilities of the Port of Chicago are also on the South Side.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Port of Chicago