Christian denominations similar to or like Presbyterian Church (USA)
Mainline Protestant denomination in the United States. Wikipedia
Mainline Protestant Christian denomination based in the United States, with historical and confessional roots in the Congregational, Reformed, Lutheran, and Anabaptist traditions, and with approximately 4,852 churches and 802,356 members. Historical continuation of the General Council of Congregational Christian churches founded under the influence of New England Pilgrims and Puritans. Wikipedia
The first national Presbyterian denomination in the United States, existing from 1789 to 1958. In that year, the PCUSA merged with the United Presbyterian Church of North America, a denomination with roots in the Seceder and Covenanter traditions of Presbyterianism. Wikipedia
Mainline Protestant denomination that is the largest Protestant Christian denomination in Canada and the second largest Canadian Christian denomination after the Catholic Church in Canada. Founded in 1925 as a merger of four Protestant denominations with a total combined membership of about 600,000 members: the Methodist Church, Canada, the Congregational Union of Ontario and Quebec, two-thirds of the congregations of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, and the Association of Local Union Churches, a movement predominantly of the Canadian Prairie provinces. Wikipedia
Sentences forPresbyterian Church (USA)
- Pres House is a progressive student organization loosely associated with the PCUSA that welcomes students of all backgrounds to its worship and various other gatherings.
- In the Presbyterian Church (USA), the term bishop is an expressive name for a Minister of Word and Sacrament who serves a congregation and exercises "the oversight of the flock of Christ."
- In 2004, a report on religious life at Lafayette College was compiled, recommending a review of the college's formal relationship with the Presbyterian church.
- In 2014, the Presbyterian Church voted to move forward with divestment from HP to pressure Israeli in regards to their policies toward Palestinians.
- The Presbyterian Church (USA) is the largest Presbyterian body in the state, with 300 congregations and 100,000 members.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Presbyterian Church (USA)