Music genres similar to or like Progressive metal
Broad melding heavy metal and progressive rock, combining the loud "aggression" and amplified guitar-driven sound of the former with the more experimental, cerebral or "pseudo-classical" compositions of the latter. Wikipedia
Genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in the United Kingdom and the United States. With roots in blues rock, psychedelic rock, and acid rock, heavy metal bands developed a thick, massive sound, characterized by distortion, extended guitar solos, emphatic beats, and loudness. Wikipedia
Sentences forProgressive metal
- The first six songs of the album will sound like normal Lordi songs, while the last six songs will be more progressive and will follow a concept.
- However, in 2005, Stauch left the band, disapproving of Blind Guardian's transition into a more complex progressive sound with a heavy use of backing vocals, and was replaced by Ehmke.
- Overall, the album displayed progressive tendencies, yet still retained a traditional black metal edge and Infernus' signature sound.
- It featured one of the first prog metal suite of the genre, "The Ivory Gate of Dreams," which is based on the Gates of horn and ivory.
- Progressive metal band Ne Obliviscaris feature a violin player, Tim Charles, in their line-up.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Progressive metal