Settlements similar to or like Puducherry (union territory)
Union territory of India. Wikipedia
Area encompassing the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana, Goa as well as the union territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, and Puducherry, comprising 19.31% of India's area . Bounded by the Bay of Bengal in the east, the Arabian Sea in the west and the Indian Ocean in the south. Wikipedia
Unicameral legislature of the Indian union territory of Puducherry, which comprises four districts: Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahé and Yanam. The legislative assembly has 33 seats, of which 5 are reserved for candidates from scheduled castes and 3 members are nominated by the Government of India. Wikipedia
Union Territory of India, with four exclaved districts; Puducherry district and Karaikal district , Mahé district (surrounded by the state of Kerala) and Yanam district (surrounded by the state of Andhra Pradesh), with Pondicherry district having the largest area and population and Mahe district having the smallest area and population. All four districts retained the borders of French India, and were incorporated into the Republic of India after the de facto transfer of the territories of French India in 1954. Wikipedia
The French community in India consists mainly of Indian citizens of French ancestry who are descended from former French settlers and colonists who settled in India since the 17th century, as well as recent expatriates from France. Artifact of the French presence there, which began in 1673 with the establishment of the French East India Company and continued until 1962 when the French territory was formally transferred to India. Wikipedia
Central university of South India located in Kalapet, Pondicherry, Union Territory of Puducherry, India. Established by an Act of Parliament in 1985 by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.The Vice President of India is the Chancellor along with the Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry acting as the Chief Rector and the President of India is the Visitor of the University. Wikipedia
French colony comprising five geographically separate enclaves on the Indian subcontinent that had initially been factories of the French East India Company. Beginning in the second half of the 17th century, they were de facto incorporated into the Republic of India in 1950 and 1954. Wikipedia
State on the southwestern coast of India within the region known as the Konkan, and geographically separated from the Deccan highlands by the Western Ghats. Surrounded by the Indian states of Maharashtra to the north and Karnataka to the east and south, with the Arabian Sea forming its western coast. Wikipedia
The official languages of the Indian union territory of Puducherry are Tamil (in Puducherry and Karaikal), Telugu (in Yanam), Malayalam (in Mahe), and English. Language to be used for all or any official purposes in the Union Territory, while Malayalam and Telugu may be used in Mahé and Yanam respectively. Wikipedia
France-India relations (French: Relations entre la France et l'Inde; Hindi: भारत-फ्रांस संबंध) are the bilateral relations between France and India, two countries that have traditionally been close and friendly. Both countries have a 'special relationship' with each other, so much so that by August 2019, France has been called "India's new best friend" by a researcher of the Hudson Institute. Wikipedia
In 1946, French India (Inde française) became Overseas territory (Territoire d'outre-mer) of France. Then, in the same year on 25 October, the Representative Assembly of French India (Assemblée représentative de l'Inde française) of 44 members has been created that replaced the general council (conseil général) of 30 members. Wikipedia
Sentences forPuducherry (union territory)
- Pondicherry was renamed as Puducherry in 2007 and Orissa was renamed as Odisha in 2011.
- It is one of the official languages of the union territories of Puducherry and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Mahé, a part of the Indian union territory of Puducherry, though 647 km away from it, is a coastal exclave surrounded by Kerala on all of its landward approaches.
- The Article 239A, originally formulated for the union territory of Puduchery, will also be applicable to Jammu and Kashmir.
- To the east is the Bay of Bengal and the state encircles the union territory of Puducherry.
- In India, it is also the official language of the Union Territory of Puducherry.
- Chennai is connected to other parts of the state and the Union Territory of Puducherry by state highways.
- In Puducherry, it shares power with alliance partner Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam.
- It is one of the official languages of the union territories of Puducherry.
- M.N. Roy was in Germany and R.C. Sharma in French Pondichéry, and therefore could not be arrested.
- Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) is a political party in India, particularly in the state of Tamil Nadu and union territory of Puducherry.
- Puducherry has 33 members.
- The state also has a union territory, Yanam – a district of Puducherry which lies to the south of Kakinada in the Godavari delta on the eastern side of the state.
- Under Jayalalithaa's regime, All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam spread beyond Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
- The tsunami travelled 2.5 km at its maximum inland at Karaikal, Puducherry.
- Tamils are the majority in the union territory of Puducherry, a former French colony.
- Out of the 28 states and 8 Union Territories (According To 104th amendment act) of India, there is a legislature in all the 28 states and 3 Union Territories (Delhi, Puducherry and Jammu and Kashmir (Union Territory) ).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Puducherry (union territory)