Topics similar to or like Pulitzer Prize for Music
One of seven Pulitzer Prizes awarded annually in Letters, Drama, and Music. Wikipedia
One of the American Pulitzer Prizes annually awarded for journalism. Inaugurated in 1942 and replaced by two photojournalism prizes in 1968: the Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography and "Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography", which was later renamed Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News Photography in 2000. Wikipedia
Award for achievements in newspaper, magazine and online journalism, literature and musical composition within the United States. Established in 1917 by provisions in the will of Joseph Pulitzer, who had made his fortune as a newspaper publisher and is administered by Columbia University. Wikipedia
Musical composition by Leo Sowerby setting Matthew Arnold's English translation of Francis of Assisi's "Canticle of the Sun" for chorus and orchestra in 1945; the work was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Music the following year. In New York at Carnegie Hall by the Schola Cantorum and the New York Philharmonic on April 16, 1945. Wikipedia
Sentences forPulitzer Prize for Music
- Ellington was shortlisted for the Pulitzer Prize for Music in 1965 but no prize was ultimately awarded that year.
- Marsalis has won at least nine Grammy Awards, and his Blood on the Fields was the first jazz composition to win the Pulitzer Prize for Music.
- DAMN. won the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Music, making Lamar the first non-jazz or classical artist to win the award.
- In 1997, he became the first jazz musician to win the Pulitzer Prize for Music for his oratorio Blood on the Fields.
- On April 20, 2009, Reich was awarded the 2009 Pulitzer Prize for Music, recognizing Double Sextet, first performed in Richmond March 26, 2008.
- The president of the school at that time was William Schuman, the first winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Music.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Pulitzer Prize for Music