Holidays similar to or like Puthandu
First day of year on the Tamil calendar and traditionally celebrated as a festival. Wikipedia
Hindu festival originating in Tamil Nadu, South India that is celebrated a week before Deepavali, during the month of Aipasi (or Aippasi) of the Tamil calendar (Gregorian calendar months of October and November). In honour of the goddess Draupati Amman, who is considered the incarnation of goddess Mariamman, and is practiced not only in India, but also in Fiji, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius, Réunion, South Africa and other countries with large South Indian populations. Wikipedia
- The bay is also referred to as Gokaranna according to a Sanskrit inscription in Grantha script excavated on a doorjamb at the Hindu temple dated to Tamil New Years Day 1223 CE.
- The film was officially launched with a puja ceremony on 14 April 2014, coinciding with Tamil New Year.
- Sun TV is the flagship channel of Sun Group started on the Tamil New Year 14 April 1993.
- It is called Vaisakhi by Hindus and Sikhs in north and central India, which marks the solar new year, and Tamil New Year day called Puthandu.
- Until April 1624 the Koneswaram Ther Festival occurred around Puthandu in April annually with five chariots and this tradition was reintroduced in April 2003, three hundred and seventy nine years later.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Puthandu