Settlements similar to or like Queensland
State situated in northeastern Australia, and is the second-largest and third-most populous Australian state. Wikipedia
Capital of and the most populated city in the Australian state of Queensland, and the third most populous city in Australia. Brisbane's metropolitan area has a population of over 2.5 million, and the South East Queensland metropolitan region, centred on Brisbane, encompasses a population of more than 3.6 million. Wikipedia
- Eastern Australia is marked by the Great Dividing Range, which runs parallel to the coast of Queensland, New South Wales and much of Victoria.
- Victoria, like Queensland, was named after Queen Victoria, who had been on the British throne for 14 years when the colony was established in 1851.
- Snowfall is common in the higher parts of the range, sometimes occurring as far north as the Queensland border.
- The climate in the northeast region of the state, or the North Coast, bordering Queensland, is hot and humid in the summer and mild in winter.
- In 1883, following a short-lived French annexation of New Ireland, the British colony of Queensland annexed south-eastern New Guinea.
- The names "Kingsland" (after King George V and to correspond with Queensland), "Centralia" and "Territoria" were proposed with Kingsland becoming the preferred choice in 1913.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Queensland