Species similar to or like Raccoon
Medium-sized mammal native to North America. Wikipedia
Medium-sized mammal found in North, Central, and South America, making it the most widespread of the armadillos. Its ancestors originated in South America, and remained there until the formation of the Isthmus of Panama allowed them to enter North America as part of the Great American Interchange. Wikipedia
Mammal species native to the eastern Himalayas and southwestern China. Listed as Endangered on the IUCN Red List because the wild population is estimated at fewer than 10,000 mature individuals and continues to decline due to habitat loss and fragmentation, poaching, and inbreeding depression. Wikipedia
Large pine native to eastern North America. It occurs from Newfoundland, Canada west through the Great Lakes region to southeastern Manitoba and Minnesota, United States, and south along the Appalachian Mountains and upper Piedmont to northernmost Georgia and perhaps very rarely in some of the higher elevations in northeastern Alabama. Wikipedia
Passerine bird of the family Icteridae found in most of North America and much of Central America. It breeds from Alaska and Newfoundland south to Florida, the Gulf of Mexico, Mexico, and Guatemala, with isolated populations in western El Salvador, northwestern Honduras, and northwestern Costa Rica. Wikipedia
Eutherian mammal constituting the taxonomic order Primates. Primates arose 85–55 million years ago first from small terrestrial mammals, which adapted to living in the trees of tropical forests: many primate characteristics represent adaptations to life in this challenging environment, including large brains, visual acuity, color vision, a shoulder girdle allowing a large degree of movement in the shoulder joint, and dextrous hands. Wikipedia
Medium-sized deer native to North America, Central America, Ecuador, and South America as far south as Peru and Bolivia. It has also been introduced to New Zealand, all the Greater Antilles in the Caribbean (Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola, and Puerto Rico ), and some countries in Europe, such as the Czech Republic, Finland, Romania, Serbia, Germany, and France. Wikipedia
- Raccoons (Procyon lotor) can be a serious threat to nestlings or eggs if they can access the nest.
- Raccoons are predators of wood stork chicks, especially during dry periods where the water beneath nesting trees dries up.
- The success of the anime was responsible for the introduction of the North American raccoon into Japan.
- Raccoons and red foxes who live in areas near the marshes will hunt in them.
- Raccoons have penis bones which bend at a 90 degree angle at the tip.
- On the night of Billy's first hunt, the dogs go after a coon almost immediately but the coon foils them by crossing the river.
- In general, freshwater bivalves have predators such as raccoons, otters, some species of fish, and some species of turtles.
- Raccoons (Procyon lotor) and striped skunks (Mephitis mephitis) may also capture young.
- Raccoons have learned to pull a toad away from a pond by the back leg, turn it on its back and start feeding on its belly, a strategy that keeps the raccoon well away from the poison glands.
- The success of the animated series was responsible for the accidental introduction of the raccoon into Japan.
- Raccoons can become neighborhood pests.
- RJ the Raccoon fails to get a stuck bag of nacho chips to fall from a vending machine.
- Raccoons are also common predators, preying on eggs, chicks, and adults.
- While doing so they meet their friend Moose, he shows them that raccoons have used a poster to make a dam.
- Raccoons and black rat snakes also feed on wren eggs and nestlings.
- With the assistance of Sist, the leader of the Rats, they eventually discover that the Orb of Storms was stolen by a Raccoon, an animal rarely seen in the Known Lands.
- Further, introduced predators such as foxes, martens, and raccoons have a significant impact on breeding populations.
- Raccoons are also opportunistic predators of the little brown bat, picking individuals off the cave walls of their hibernacula (caves used for hibernation) or eating individuals that have fallen to the cave floor.
- Raccoons and other storks (including their own species) are occasion predators of jabiru eggs, but most nest predators appear to avoid these huge-billed birds and there are no known predators of healthy adult jabirus.
- Raccoons, river otters, squirrels, and many types of birds are frequently to be seen.
- The introduction of mammals also adversely affect storm petrels, where raccoons and river otters prey upon nests, and rabbits increase soil erosion and compromise the structural integrity of burrows.
- Coatis are one of five groups of procyonids commonly kept as pets in various parts of North, Central and South America, the others being the raccoons (common and crab-eating), the kinkajou, the ring-tailed cat and cacomistle.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Raccoon