Musical artists similar to or like Red Sovine
American country music singer and songwriter associated with truck driving songs, particularly those recited as narratives but set to music. Wikipedia
American country music singer, broadcaster, and longtime Grand Ole Opry star. Signed to the Hickory label, he recorded two studio albums in his career and charted several singles on Billboard Hot Country Songs, including the number one "Talk Back Trembling Lips" and seven other top ten hits. Wikipedia
American country music singer and songwriter famous for his humorous novelty songs, his small size (4'11" [150 cm]), and his rhinestone-studded outfits, in which he is given credit for introducing into country music live performances). He started as a member of the Grand Ole Opry in 1948 and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1983. Before his death he was the oldest living member of the Grand Ole Opry. Born in Bolt, West Virginia. Wikipedia
Song written and recorded by the American country music singer-songwriter Hank Williams in 1947. Recorded on April 21, 1947 at Castle Studio in Nashville, Hank's first session for MGM and the same session that produced "I Saw the Light," " I Heard You Crying in Your Sleep," and "Six More Miles to the Graveyard." Wikipedia
American country music singer and songwriter. Evans has released eight studio albums: Three Chords and the Truth (1997), No Place That Far (1998), Born to Fly (2000), Restless (2003), Real Fine Place (2005), Stronger (2011), Slow Me Down (2014), Words (2017), "Copy That" (2020), plus one Christmas album, At Christmas (2014) and a 2007 greatest hits package. Wikipedia
American country music singer and songwriter. Janson has recorded three full-length albums, Buy Me a Boat, Everybody, and Real Friends, through Warner Bros. Records Nashville, along with one extended play each for Bigger Picture Music Group, Columbia Records, and Warner Bros. Nashville. Wikipedia
Sentences forRed Sovine
- He also began to sing at the Heritage; his set initially consisted largely of covers of Dylan and Red Sovine's "Big Joe and Phantom 309".
- While he was active in baseball, Pride had been encouraged to join the music business by country stars such as Red Sovine and Red Foley, and was working towards this career.
- Starday's most successful artist was perhaps Red Sovine, who scored a number of hits in the 1960s on the label.
- Another episode shows that Hank and his friends seem to like the song "Teddy Bear" by Red Sovine.
- "A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When the Stripper Is Crying" is a parody of the narrative of Red Sovine's "trucker songs".
- At age 54, she recorded a top-10 hit for Starday, "Giddyup Go – Answer", a response to Red Sovine's classic "Giddyup Go".
- Red Sovine, a country singer best known for his sentimental recitations and truck-driving songs, recorded a cover version that – save for the mid-song guitar bridge – closely resembled the Clapton original.
- Red Sovine released a version in 1967 called "Viet Nam Deck of Cards" on his album, Phantom 309.
- Others, like Johnny Bailes, Red Sovine, Charlie Monroe and Floyd Tillman did not.
- The 1968 C&W song "Phantom 309" by Red Sovine is about a ghost trucker who, when asked about the name Phantom 309, replies that "This Ole' Mack will put 'em all to shame. There aint a driver or rig runnin' any line that seen nothin' but taillights from 'Phantom 309.
- "Old Pipeliner" was first recorded in 1967 by Red Sovine on his album Dear John Letter.
- After the Bailes Brothers left the Hayride, Jackson stayed behind, playing with artists like Webb Pierce, Jimmie Osborne, and Red Sovine.
- "Teddy Bear" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Red Sovine.
- Red Sovine and Ernest Tubb also recorded cover versions of "A Dear John Letter."
- This version has been covered many times, including versions by Red Sovine and Mac Wiseman.
- "Phantom 309" is a song written by Tommy Faile and released as a single by Red Sovine in 1967.
- "Giddyup Go" is a country music song made famous by Red Sovine.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Red Sovine