Topics similar to or like Renaissance
Period in European history marking the transition from the Middle Ages to modernity and covering the 15th and 16th centuries. Wikipedia
The Italian Renaissance (Rinascimento ), a period in Italian history that covered the 15th and 16th centuries, developed a culture that spread across Europe and marked the transition from the Middle Ages to modernity. Proponents of a "long Renaissance" argue that it began in the 14th century and lasted until the 17th century. Wikipedia
The history of Italy covers the Ancient Period, the Middle Ages and the modern era. Since classical times, ancient Phoenicians, Greeks, Etruscans, and Celts have inhabited the Italian Peninsula, with various Italic peoples dispersed throughout Italy alongside other ancient Italian tribes and Greek, Carthaginian, and Phoenician colonies. Wikipedia
- During the Tudor period, the Renaissance reached England through Italian courtiers, who reintroduced artistic, educational and scholarly debate from classical antiquity.
- However, the recovery from the plague led to a resurgence of cities, trade and economy which allowed the bloom of Humanism and Renaissance, that later spread to Europe.
- Italy was the birthplace and heart of the Renaissance during the 1400s and 1500s.
- Later, during the Renaissance, Rome became well known as a centre of high-cuisine, since some of the best chefs of the time worked for the popes.
- Aristotle Fioravanti and other Italian architects brought Renaissance trends into Russia.
- Rome was a major world centre of the Renaissance, second only to Florence, and was profoundly affected by the movement.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Renaissance