Record labels similar to or like Reprise Records
American record label founded in 1960 by Frank Sinatra. Wikipedia
American record label owned by Warner Music Group and headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 1958 as the recorded music division of the American film studio Warner Bros., and was one of a group of labels owned and operated by larger parent corporations for much of its existence. Wikipedia
Informal name given sometimes to a record label founded as a wholly or partially owned subsidiary of another, larger and better established (at least at the time of the vanity label's founding) record label, where the subsidiary label is (at least nominally) controlled by a successful recording artist, designed to allow this artist to release music by other artists they admire. Usually released with the vanity label brand name prominent. Wikipedia
Sentences forReprise Records
- In 1968, Reprise planned to release a series of 78 rpm singles from their artists on their label at the time, called the Reprise Speed Series.
- Sinatra left Capitol in 1960 to start his own record label, Reprise Records, and released a string of successful albums.
- In 1963, Warner purchased Reprise Records, which had been founded by Frank Sinatra three years earlier so that he could have more creative control over his recordings.
- Clapton's first album of new original material in nearly five years, Back Home, was released on Reprise Records on 30 August.
- Released in the US on August 23 by Reprise Records, Are You Experienced reached number five on the Billboard 200.
- In the U.S., the album was released on 30 June 1992 by Reprise Records, as Dio and his namesake band were still under contract to the label at the time.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Reprise Records