Holidays similar to or like Republic Day (India)
National holiday in India. Wikipedia
Indian independence activist and, subsequently, the first Prime Minister of India, as well as a central figure in Indian politics both before and after independence. Eminent leader of the Indian independence movement, serving India as Prime Minister from its establishment in 1947 as an independent nation, until his death in 1964. Wikipedia
Celebrated annually on 15 August as a national holiday in India commemorating the nation's independence from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947, the day when the provisions of the 1947 Indian Independence Act, which transferred legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly, came into effect. India retained King George VI as head of state until its transition to a full republic, when the nation adopted the Constitution of India on 26 January 1950 (celebrated as Indian Republic Day) and replaced the dominion prefix, Dominion of India, with the enactment of the sovereign law Constitution of India. Wikipedia
Sentences forRepublic Day (India)
- Since the formation of its republic abolishing British law, it has remained a democracy with civil liberties, an active Supreme Court, and a largely independent press.
- Many outdoor events such as the Republic Day parade and fairs are held in the Gymkhana or Parade grounds.
- The Aditya directed energy weapon system was first deployed during the visit of Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro on Indian Republic Day 2020.
- Except for brief interruptions during the years 1977 to 1980 and 1993 to 1997, these awards have been announced every year on Republic Day.
- When India became a republic in 1950, the Royal Indian Navy as it had been named since 1934 was renamed to Indian Navy.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Republic Day (India)