Topics similar to or like Richard Henderson (jurist)
American pioneer and merchant who attempted to create a colony called Transylvania just as the American Revolutionary War was starting. Wikipedia
Colonial-American patriot, pioneer, soldier, public servant, and abolitionist. As a revolutionary patriot, he helped the Province of Pennsylvania declare independence from the British Empire, establish the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and save the American Revolution during the Ten Crucial Days. Wikipedia
American military officer and frontiersman who served with distinction in many early conflicts during the colonial and post-colonial eras, including the French and Indian War, the American Revolutionary War, and the War of 1812. Known as an expert rifleman and an able commander who fought closely beside George Washington in several pivotal battles. Wikipedia
Sentences forRichard Henderson (jurist)
- Following Dunmore's War, Richard Henderson, a prominent judge from North Carolina, hired Boone to help establish a colony to be called Transylvania.
- Richard Henderson, a judge and land speculator from North Carolina, had purchased much of Kentucky from the Cherokee by an illegal treaty.
- The Great Grant Deed, also known as The Great Grant, was a transaction for the sale of property by the Cherokee Nation to Richard Henderson and Company.
- The presiding Judge Richard Henderson quickly adjourned the court until the next morning to avoid being forced to make a ruling in the presence of an angry mob of Regulators, and escaped in the night.
- They also began looking westward, with John Gray Blount acquiring a portion of Richard Henderson's Transylvania Purchase in mid-1776.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Richard Henderson (jurist)