Champ car drivers similar to or like Rick Mears
Retired American race car driver. Wikipedia
American automobile racing driver, the younger brother of fellow racing drivers Jerry and Bobby Unser, and father of Al Unser Jr. Now retired, he is the second of three men to have won the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race four times, the fourth of five to have won the race in consecutive years, and won the National Championship in 1970, 1983, and 1985. The Unser family has won the Indy 500 a record nine times. Wikipedia
Sentences forRick Mears
- Although Castroneves wanted to remain in IndyCar, he solicited advice from Indianapolis 500 winner Rick Mears because he had doubts about staying at Penske.
- He took the pole and the win in the Milwaukee 225 for his 29th victory, tying him with Rick Mears for ninth all-time in American Open Wheel racing.
- The tight tri-oval was unpopular with the CART teams in part due to a severe injury to Rick Mears during the first event.
- In 1979, Penske driver Bobby Unser led the most laps of the Indianapolis 500 while teammate Rick Mears won the race, from the pole.
- He was scheduled to start a selected number of races for Penske in 1992 and ended up starting 11 races, many of them as a substitute driver for the injured Rick Mears.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Rick Mears