Rivers similar to or like River Wear
The River Wear in North East England rises in the Pennines and flows eastwards, mostly through County Durham to the North Sea in the City of Sunderland. Wikipedia
Historic market town in County Durham, in the North East of England. Located a couple of miles north of the River Wear, Crook lies about 9 miles (14.5 km) south-west of the historic city of Durham, 5 miles (8 km) north-west of Bishop Auckland and 2 miles (3.5 km) from Willington. Wikipedia
Sentences forRiver Wear
- The area, on the north bank of the River Wear in the Sheepfolds district of Sunderland, was only a few hundred yards from Roker Park, and close to the centre of the city.
- Under the control of the Bishops of Durham, the land had various names: the "Liberty of Durham", "Liberty of St Cuthbert's Land" "the lands of St Cuthbert between Tyne and Tees" or "the Liberty of Haliwerfolc" (holy Wear folk).
- In 2015 the five-year average once again climbed above 1,000 and it is now the third best salmon river in England and Wales, surpassed only by the Tyne and Wear.
- It was located on the north bank of the River Wear and was the largest pit in Sunderland and one of the most important in County Durham.
- It is situated 19km (12 miles) north-east of Durham and 16km (10 miles) south-east of Newcastle upon Tyne, at the mouth of the River Wear.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: River Wear