Rivers similar to or like River Wharfe
River in Yorkshire, England. Wikipedia
Sentences forRiver Wharfe
- The northern boundary follows the River Wharfe for several miles (several kilometres), but it crosses the river to include the part of Otley which lies north of the river.
- The town stands on the River Wharfe, and for centuries has been a crossing place and staging post on the Great North Road midway between London and Edinburgh.
- She was the president of the Burley Bridge Association, leading a campaign for a crossing over the River Wharfe linking North and West Yorkshire.
- The River Wharfe runs through Ilkley and Burley in Wharfedale, and tributaries of the River Calder run through the district.
- The town lies in lower Wharfedale, at a bridging point over the River Wharfe where there is a seven-arched medieval bridge, and is surrounded by arable farmland.
- Linguists have attempted to define a Northern dialect area, corresponding to the area north of a line that begins at the Humber estuary and runs up the River Wharfe and across to the River Lune in north Lancashire.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: River Wharfe