Topics similar to or like Rockingham Speedway
Racetrack located near Rockingham, North Carolina. Wikipedia
Motorsport complex located in Concord, North Carolina, 13 mi outside Charlotte. The complex features a 1.5 mi quad oval track that hosts NASCAR racing including the prestigious Coca-Cola 600 on Memorial Day weekend, the NASCAR All-Star Race, and the Bank of America Roval 400. Wikipedia
Superspeedway located in the Pocono Mountains in Long Pond, Pennsylvania. Site of four NASCAR national series races and an ARCA Menards Series event in June: a NASCAR Cup Series doubleheader with support events by the NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Wikipedia
Considered to be site for the old-school NASCAR races in both the Grand National and Winston Cup Series eras. From 1951 to 1969, the race course offered some wins from drivers like Richard Petty, Bob Flock, Fonty Flock, Lee Petty, Rex White, and Fireball Roberts. Wikipedia
2 mi moderate-banked D-shaped speedway located off U.S. Highway 12 on more than 1400 acre approximately 4 mi south of the village of Brooklyn, in the scenic Irish Hills area of southeastern Michigan. 70 mi west of the center of Detroit, 40 mi from Ann Arbor and 60 mi south and northwest of Lansing and Toledo, Ohio respectively. Wikipedia
Sentences forRockingham Speedway
- With three races to go, he won his first Winston Cup race at Rockingham, beating eventual series champion Rusty Wallace by three seconds.
- The team continued their success in the next season, winning the second race of the season at Rockingham.
- Physically, the Milwaukee Mile, the oldest oval race track in the world, as well as the Rockingham Speedway and the Pikes Peak International Raceway still exist.
- On May 4, 2008, Logano won the Carolina 500 during his ARCA RE/MAX Series debut with Venturini Motorsports in racing's return to Rockingham Speedway.
- In 2004, Johnson started slowly at Rockingham Speedway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway with results of 41st and 16th, after a top ten finish in the Daytona 500.
- Dillon also ran a single ARCA Racing Series event at Rockingham Speedway, finishing seventh in the No. 31 Chevrolet.
- He scored his final career win at North Carolina in fall 2003.
- He won early in the year, scoring consecutive victories at Rockingham and Atlanta.
- McMurray had two wins, both at Rockingham, while Stremme made sixteen starts with two top-fives, earning him Rookie of the Year honors.
- In 1992, Petty rebounded to a career-best fifth-place finish in points, as well winning two separate races that season at Watkins Glen and Rockingham.
- On October 23, 1999, Harvick made his first NASCAR Busch Series start in the Kmart 200 at the Rockingham Speedway in the No. 2 Chevrolet.
- Kyle Grissom, son of Steve Grissom, drove the car at Rockingham to a 16th-place finish.
- Kahne announced in late-March that he would compete for Turner Motorsports in the Camping World Truck Series at Rockingham Speedway in April, driving the No. 4 in the Good Sam Roadside Assistance 200.
- Driving a Chevrolet for Dick Bown, he finished 23rd at Rockingham but lost an engine the following race at Homestead and finished 36th.
- In April 2013, Larson won his first Truck Series win at Rockingham Speedway in a close finish with Joey Logano.
- In 1997 Hamilton won at Rockingham, but left the team at the end of the season to drive for Morgan-McClure Racing.
- In the third race of the season at Rockingham Speedway, Hornaday intentionally wrecked rookie Darrell Wallace Jr. under caution to retaliate for prior contact.
- After NASCAR phased out tobacco sponsorships, the minimum age for regional touring series was changed to 16, and the Truck Series' rule regulated a minimum age of 16 for any circuit one mile or shorter (Rockingham Speedway included, despite it being 1.017 miles), and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
- He also filled in for Steve Park in the Cup Series, winning one pole and nailing down two top tens, including a second-place finish at Rockingham Speedway, tying a career best.
- In 2001, in the first race after Earnhardt's death, he beat Bobby Labonte in a photo finish at North Carolina Speedway.
- The original car in the NEMCO stable, the No. 87 car debuted in 1989 at North Carolina Speedway as the No. 88 Buick with Nemechek finishing 33rd after an engine failure.
- Traditionally, they had had preseason tests at Daytona and Las Vegas, along with as many as four additional in-season sessions at tracks, but all teams also use unsanctioned tracks (such as Rockingham Speedway) for their tests.
- The city is the home of Rockingham Speedway, formerly the North Carolina Speedway.
- The Goody's Headache Powder 200 was a NASCAR Busch Series stock car race held at North Carolina Speedway.
- The Dura Lube/Big K 400 was held February 21 at North Carolina Speedway.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Rockingham Speedway