Topics similar to or like Roman roads in Britannia
Province of the Roman Empire. Wikipedia
Sentences forRoman roads in Britannia
- Although fortified, Horncastle was not on any important Roman roads, which suggests that the River Bain was the principal route of access to it.
- The present northern boundary of the Heath - Staines Road - was the Roman Road, Trinobantes.
- Roman roads are visible features, probably serving a settlement near Old Sarum.
- Chichester)">Stane Street, the Roman road linking London to Chichester, was constructed during the first century AD and is thought to have run through Dorking.
- The nearby town of Croydon originally developed due to a Roman road, and part of a Roman road has been found in Coombe Street, Croydon.
- The old Roman road between Ribchester and Elslack (part of Margary 72a), crossed the Calder further downstream, close to the river mouth.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Roman roads in Britannia