Golfers similar to or like Rory McIlroy
Professional golfer from Northern Ireland who is a member of both the European and PGA Tours. Wikipedia
English professional golfer who plays most of his golf on the PGA Tour, while keeping his membership on the European Tour. He won his first major championship at the 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club, becoming the first English player to win a major since Nick Faldo in 1996 and the first to win the U.S. Open since Tony Jacklin in 1970. Wikipedia
Professional golfer from Northern Ireland who currently plays on the PGA Tour Champions and has previously played on the European Tour and PGA Tour. He has won 21 tournaments worldwide on a number of golf's main tours including the European Tour, the PGA Tour, the Sunshine Tour and the Japan Golf Tour. Wikipedia
Sentences forRory McIlroy
- In January 2013, Nike signed Rory McIlroy, the then No 1 golfer in the world to a 10-year sponsorship deal worth $250 million.
- Since 2010, both tours' money titles have been claimed by the same individual three times, with Luke Donald doing so in 2011 and Rory McIlroy in 2012 and 2014.
- On the final day, Mickelson shot a −2, 70, to finish tied for 2nd, with Lee Westwood, two shots behind leader, and back-to-back winner, Rory McIlroy.
- Mickelson shot rounds of 69-67-67-66 to finish solo second, one shot behind world number one Rory McIlroy.
- Rory McIlroy will also be involved in the service, hosting new instructional content for GolfPass, as well as an autobiographical web series.
- Currently ranked No.1 golfer in the world, Rory McIlroy originates from Holywood, situated in the north of the county.
- Wozniacki was in a relationship with Northern Irish professional golfer Rory McIlroy from 2011 until 2014.
- Also just north of the borough boundary at Lisnalurg, there is Pitch and Putt called Bertie's. Rosses Point hosted the West of Ireland Championship in which future golfing star Rory McIlroy won in consecutive years (2005 and 2006).
- In March 2012, Donald lost the No. 1 position to Rory McIlroy; the pair then exchanged the No. 1 position a further four times in the following two months, so the volatility of the No. 1 ranking again became a source of comment.
- Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy are the only silver medal winners who have gone on to win the Open.
- A feat that has since been achieved by Rory McIlroy in 2014, winning the Open Championship and PGA Championship, as well as Jordan Spieth who won the Masters and the U.S. Open in 2015.
- In June 2011, Westwood equalled his best performance at the U.S. Open finishing in a tie for third place at Congressional CC, an event which was dominated by Rory McIlroy.
- Congressional has hosted four major golf championships, including the 2011 U.S. Open, won by Rory McIlroy.
- In July 2014, García finished joint runner-up at the 2014 Open Championship, two strokes behind Rory McIlroy.
- The following week, Scott was again in the mix at the PGA Championship, entering the final round in the penultimate grouping, four shots behind the leader Rory McIlroy.
- The 2006 winner was Rory McIlroy.
- He had begun the final round, three strokes back of overnight leader Rory McIlroy, but shot a three-under round of 69 and had to hole a six-foot putt for the par on the final green to take the victory.
- On March 17, 2019, Furyk finished second in The Players Championship, one stroke behind Rory McIlroy.
- Tennis pro Caroline Wozniacki, ex-fiancée of Rory McIlroy, caddied for him in the par-3 contests of 2013 and 2014.
- Scott was runner up to Rory McIlroy in the Emirates Australian Open on 1 December 2013.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Rory McIlroy