Rugby league football competitions similar to or like Rugby Football League Championship First Division
The top division of rugby league in England between 1895 and 1996, when it was replaced by the Super League. Wikipedia
Played across England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, but it's heartland in the North of England is where the sport is most popular, and is where the majority of professional clubs are based. First established in the George Hotel, Huddersfield, where 22 clubs from the Rugby Football Union split to form the Northern Rugby Football Union. Wikipedia
The Castleford Tigers are a rugby league club in Castleford, West Yorkshire, England, that compete in the Super League, the top-level professional rugby league club competition in the Northern Hemisphere. The club have competed in the top division for the majority of their existence having only been relegated twice in their history, Castleford has won the Challenge Cup four times. Wikipedia
Sentences forRugby Football League Championship First Division
- Super League began in 1996, replacing the existing First Division and, significantly, switching from a traditional winter season to a summer season.
- Helme played his entire club career for Warrington, with whom he won three Championship Finals and two Challenge Cup Finals and became a Warrington Wolves Hall of Fame inductee.
- In Rugby League, the term 'the Double' is referring to the achievement of a club that wins the Super League (Rugby Football League Championship First Division before 1996) and Challenge Cup in the same season.
- The cups available to win were the First Division Championship, Challenge Cup, county league (Lancashire League or Yorkshire League) and county cup (Lancashire Cup or Yorkshire Cup).
- The Second Division was formed in 1902 by splitting the RFL Championship into two divisions of 18.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Rugby Football League Championship First Division