Countries similar to or like Russia
Transcontinental country in Eastern Europe and North Asia. Wikipedia
Country in Central and Western Europe, lying between the Baltic and North Seas to the north and the Alps, Lake Constance, and the High Rhine to the south. It borders Denmark to the north, Poland and the Czech Republic to the east, Austria and Switzerland to the south, France to the southwest, and Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands to the west. Wikipedia
Country on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea in Northern Europe. Bordered to the north by the Gulf of Finland with Finland on the other side, to the west by the Baltic Sea with Sweden on the other side, to the south by Latvia , and to the east by Lake Peipus and Russia (338.6 km). Wikipedia
- By total area (including its waters), Canada is the second-largest country in the world, after Russia.
- With a population of 80.2 million according to the 2011 census, rising to at least 81.9 million, Germany is the most populous country in the European Union, the second most populous country in Europe after Russia, and the 16th most populous country in the world.
- The Russian Federation is seen as the legal continuator state and is for most purposes the heir to the Soviet Union.
- Russian Federation—formerly the Russian SFSR—assumed the Soviet Union's rights and obligations and being recognized as the de-facto successor state.
- With an area of 22402200 km2, the Soviet Union was the world's largest country, a status that is retained by the Russian Federation.
- In October 2018, India signed a US$5.43 billion (over Rs 400 billion) agreement with Russia to procure four S-400 Triumf surface-to-air missile defence systems, Russia's most advanced long-range missile defence system.
- South Korea has sought the assistance of foreign countries such as Russia through MTCR commitments to supplement its restricted domestic rocket technology.
- Iran has the world's second largest proved gas reserves after Russia, with 33.6 trillion cubic metres, and the third largest natural gas production after Indonesia and Russia.
- In Russia, the word ves is archaic, but remains in idioms and locality names, such as Vesyegonsk.
- These plans include re-opening dialogue around a natural gas pipeline that would come from Russia and pass through North Korea.
- The People's Republic of China is the second-largest country in the world by land area after Russia, and is either the third- or fourth-largest by total area, after Russia, Canada and, depending on the definition of total area, the United States.
- The USSR had the world's longest border, like Russia, measuring over 60000 km, or 1 1⁄2 circumferences of Earth.
- Most of the nuclear fuel has been coming from Russia.
- Eighty percent of Ukrainian natural gas supplies are imported, mainly from Russia.
- There are about 3 million Ukrainians living in Russia.
- In Russia and the Soviet Union, the boundary along the Kuma–Manych Depression was the most commonly used as early as 1906.
- The insurgency was led by Russian emissaries Igor Girkin and Alexander Borodai as well as militants from Russia, such as Arseny Pavlov.
- Since December 1989, Romania has pursued a policy of strengthening relations with the West in general, more specifically with the United States and the European Union, albeit with limited relations involving the Russian Federation.
- However Ukraine also has a number of highland regions such as the Volyn-Podillia Upland (in the west) and the Near-Dnipro Upland (on the right bank of Dnieper); to the east there are the south-western spurs of the Central Russian Upland over which runs the border with the Russian Federation.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Russia