Military structures similar to or like Sandal Castle
Ruined medieval castle in Sandal Magna, a suburb of the city of Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England, overlooking the River Calder. Wikipedia
Sentences forSandal Castle
- These usually stretched away from the village or borough associated with the castle, but occasionally a castle was placed in the centre of a park, such as at Sandal.
- They arrived at York's stronghold of Sandal Castle on 21 December to find the situation bad and getting worse.
- The ruins of Sandal Castle and its visitor centre are open to the public, overlooking the Pugneys Country Park.
- When Parliamentarians besieged Sandal Castle in 1645, a raiding party broke it down leaving only the stump.
- Choosing to engage a Lancastrian army outside the duke's castle at Sandal, the Yorkists were crushed at the Battle of Wakefield on 30 December.
- The construction of Sandal Castle began early in the 12th century.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Sandal Castle