Champ car drivers similar to or like Scott Dixon
Professional racing driver from New Zealand. Wikipedia
American semi-retired auto racing driver and current team owner. Statistically one of the most successful drivers in the history of American open-wheel car racing, Andretti won the 1991 CART PPG Indy Car World Series and amassed 42 race victories, the most in the CART era and fourth-most all time. Wikipedia
American professional motor racing driver competing in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, and also as a motorsports commentator for NBC Sports’ IndyCar Series coverage. He spent time in karting, Skip Barber, Formula Dodge and the Barber Dodge Pro Series before graduating to Indy Lights in 2000. Wikipedia
American auto racing organization with teams competing in the NTT IndyCar Series, NASCAR Cup Series, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, and Extreme E. They have formerly competed in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, Global Rallycross Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship and the Rolex Sports Car Series. Wikipedia
American professional auto racing organization, currently competing in the NTT IndyCar Series, NASCAR Cup Series and NASCAR Xfinity Series. Debuting at the 1966 24 Hours of Daytona, the organization has also competed in various other types of professional racing such as Formula One, Can-Am, Trans Am, IMSA and Australian Supercars. Wikipedia
American auto racing driver, best known for winning the 1996 Indianapolis 500 and the 2000 Indy Racing League season championship. Lazier began his career in the 1980s by competing in such series as the IMSA GT Championship, the SCCA Canadian-American Challenge Cup and the American Indycar Series. Wikipedia
Sentences forScott Dixon
- The team moved full-time into the rival Indy Racing League in 2003, and won in its first year of full-time competition, with Scott Dixon, who won the championship again in 2008.
- Juan Pablo Montoya would lose the championship in the final race on a tie-breaker to Scott Dixon.
- Scott Dixon, driving for Chip Ganassi Racing, became the first native of New Zealand to win, in the 2008 Indianapolis 500.
- a Montoya lost the title to Scott Dixon on a tiebreaker, after both tied on 556 points.
- McMurray returned to the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2015 in the No. 02 car with Tony Kanaan, Scott Dixon, and Cup teammate Kyle Larson.
- None of those three would drive for Ganassi in 2003; the replacements were Scott Dixon – a midseason addition to Ganassi's Champ Car team in 2002 – and Tomas Scheckter.
- In the race Kanaan qualified in 5th place and led for 15 laps and was battling with Scott Dixon for the win.
- He finished 2nd in the title standings to Scott Dixon on a count back much like the way he won the 1999 CART title from Dario Franchitti.
- On lap 105 Scott Dixon took the lead and moments later teammate Marco Andretti attempted to pass Kanaan in turn 3 causing Kanaan to lose control of his car and brush the wall.
- At the Indianapolis 500 Kanaan started 22nd and in the race he battled with Scott Dixon and Graham Rahal in the late stages of the race, running as high as 2nd place.
- Scott Dixon has the most wins at the track with six.
- The CGR test finally took place on July 28; it was overseen by CGR owner Chip Ganassi and five-time IndyCar champion Scott Dixon (who is, along with Johnson, considered to be one of the best in their respective series) to discuss the car.
- In 2015 Kanaan began to driving the No. 10 NTT Data Chevy for Ganassi due to Target focusing only on Scott Dixon.
- Scott Dixon was crowned current champion of the IndyCar Series in October 2020.
- He finished third in 2003 and 2006 and was runner-up to Scott Dixon in 2008.
- This meant that his car at Target Chip Ganassi Racing (the team that had won the series championship each year from 2008 to 2013, except 2012, with Franchitti and Scott Dixon) needed a replacement driver.
- A gearbox failure at Chicagoland Speedway leaving him 20th and a sixth in California meant he entered the season-ending Chevy 500 at Texas as one of five championship contenders and equal on points with Chip Ganassi Racing's Scott Dixon.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Scott Dixon