Racehorses similar to or like Seattle Slew
American Thoroughbred race horse who won the Triple Crown in 1977 — the tenth of thirteen horses to accomplish the feat. Wikipedia
American Thoroughbred Hall of Fame racehorse who was named the 1957 Horse of the Year after a three-year-old campaign that included wins in the Preakness Stakes and Trenton Handicap, in which he defeated fellow Hall of Fame inductees Round Table and Gallant Man. Also named American Champion Sprinter at age four. Wikipedia
One of the most celebrated and accomplished Thoroughbred racehorses in American history and was the first horse made famous through the medium of television. Champion in each of his three years of racing, and was inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in 1963. Wikipedia
American Thoroughbred racehorse, best known as the fourth winner of the American Triple Crown and Horse of the Year in 1937, and rival of Seabiscuit in the 'Match Race of the Century' in 1938. The leading sire in North America for 1945 and was also an outstanding broodmare sire whose influence is still felt today in descendants such as American Pharoah and Justify. Wikipedia
American Champion Hall of Fame Thoroughbred racehorse known for earning American Champion Two-Year-Old Colt honors in 1988 and defeating 1989 American Horse of the Year Sunday Silence in the Belmont Stakes by eight lengths. Both horses were later voted into the American Hall of Fame. Wikipedia
Thoroughbred race horse sired by Sword Dancer (1959's Horse of the Year) out of Kerala (by My Babu) foaled at the Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Kentucky. Named Horse of the Year and champion three-year-old colt, plus he shared the champion handicap male honors with Buckpasser. Wikipedia
Chestnut colt and an American Thoroughbred race horse who was most famous for finishing a close second to Affirmed in all three races of the 1978 Triple Crown. With each successive race, Alydar narrowed Affirmed's margin of victory; Affirmed won by 1.5 lengths in the Kentucky Derby, by a neck in the Preakness and by a head in the Belmont Stakes. Wikipedia
Sentences forSeattle Slew
- The 2004 Belmont Stakes drew a television audience of 21.9 million viewers, and had the highest household viewing rate since 1977 when Seattle Slew won the Triple Crown.
- Pundits noted it was the same slot from which Seattle Slew had won the 1977 Belmont and the Triple Crown, and that 14 other Belmont winners had started from the position.
- Ultimately, seven of the ten Kentucky Derby winners in the 1970s can be traced directly to Bold Ruler in their tail male lines, including Secretariat and fellow Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew.
- In 1977, Seattle Slew became the first horse to win the Triple Crown while undefeated.
- Affirmed's win in 1978 was the first time the Triple Crown had been won in consecutive years (Seattle Slew won in 1977).
- He is now best known as the sire of Triple Crown winner Secretariat, and was also the grandsire of Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew.
- Affirmed then prepared to meet another major rival: 1977 Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew.
- Next was daughter Honest Lady (born in 1996 by Seattle Slew), who won the Santa Monica Handicap (Gr.1) and finished 2nd against the boys in the Metropolitan Handicap (Gr.1).
- On a rainy May 1, 2004, Smarty Jones entered the Kentucky Derby as the morning line favorite, and became the first unbeaten winner of the race since Seattle Slew in 1977.
- He is by 1977 winner Seattle Slew and is the sire of 2007 winner Rags to Riches.
- In 1979, the great Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew was retired to stud and stood at Spendthrift until 1987.
- He was sired by Triple Crown-winner Seattle Slew.
- In 1976, Cruguet rode the two-year-old colt Seattle Slew to victory in the Champagne Stakes.
- His horse, Smarty Jones, became the first unbeaten Derby winner since Seattle Slew in 1977.
- A.P. Indy is by Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew, and out of Weekend Surprise by Secretariat.
- His dam, Solar Slew, was by the 1977 Triple Crown winner, Seattle Slew.
- Of the 13 Triple Crown winners, two of the three which were offered at public auction were sold at Fasig-Tipton: 2015 winner American Pharoah, sold at the 2013 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Sale and 1975 Seattle Slew, sold at the 1973 Fasig-Tipton July Sale in Kentucky.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Seattle Slew