Films similar to or like Semi-Tough
1977 American sports comedy film directed by Michael Ritchie and starring Burt Reynolds, Kris Kristofferson, Jill Clayburgh, Robert Preston, Lotte Lenya, and Bert Convy. Wikipedia
1976 American action comedy film and a sequel to White Lightning starring and directed by Burt Reynolds in his directorial debut. Federal agent Irving Greenfield confers with a Southern governor about the corruption problem in fictional Dunston County and local boss "Bama" McCall. Wikipedia
2006 American direct-to-DVD sports comedy film starring Burt Reynolds that was written and produced by Brett Hudson, Burt Kearns and Albert S. Ruddy. The last comedy in which Reynolds reprised and updated his role as the charming rascal made legendary in films like The Longest Yard and Smokey and the Bandit. Wikipedia
1978 American black comedy film directed by and starring Burt Reynolds, written by Jerry Belson, and with music composed by Paul Williams. The film also stars Dom DeLuise along with Sally Field, Strother Martin, David Steinberg, Joanne Woodward, Norman Fell, Myrna Loy, Kristy McNichol, Pat O'Brien, Robby Benson and Carl Reiner. Wikipedia
1976 American action film directed by George Armitage and starring Kris Kristofferson and Jan-Michael Vincent. The plot concerns a Vietnam War veteran and his buddies, who are hired by his brother and others in a small California town for protection from rowdy oil-field workers. Wikipedia
1972 American action comedy film directed by Richard A. Colla, and stars Burt Reynolds, Yul Brynner, Raquel Welch, Tom Skerritt and Jack Weston. Written by Evan Hunter, based on the 1968 novel of the same name that was part of the "87th Precinct" series he wrote under the name Ed McBain. Wikipedia
- Convy also starred in several movies, perhaps most memorably Semi-Tough (1977), in which he played a caricature of Werner Erhard named Friedrich Bismark.
- In 1976, he made his film debut in Tunnel Vision, and also played a placekicker in the football comedy film Semi-Tough.
- In 1977 the film Semi-Tough, which parodied the then-popular course, was released.
- The critic from the Chicago Tribune thought it "would do for stock car racing what... Semi-Tough did for football."
- In 1972, Jenkins wrote his first novel, Semi-Tough.
- The 1977 film Semi-Tough satirized Erhard and the est Training, through the fictional "Bismark Earthwalk Action Training," in which Bert Convy portrayed a character said to have been a parody of Erhard.
- The 1977 movie Semi-Tough, starring Burt Reynolds, parodied the est training.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Semi-Tough