Ethnic groups similar to or like Seminole
The Seminole are a Native American people originally from Florida. Wikipedia
The Black Seminoles or Afro-Seminoles are black Indians associated with the Seminole people in Florida and Oklahoma. They are mostly blood descendants of the Seminole people, free blacks and of escaped slaves (called maroons) who allied with Seminole groups in Spanish Florida. Wikipedia
The Seminole Wars (also known as the Florida Wars) were three related military conflicts in Florida between the United States Army and the Seminole, a Native American group which had coalesced in Spanish Florida during the early 1700s. The fighting occurred between about 1816 and 1858, with two periods of uneasy truce between active conflict. Wikipedia
- In 1823, the Treaty of Moultrie Creek created a Seminole reservation encompassing much of central Florida, including the area that would become Orlando.
- The Red Sticks as well as many southern Muscogee people like the Seminole had a long history of alliance with the British and Spanish empires.
- Under British rule, a settlement grew at the narrow point in the river where cattle crossed, known as Wacca Pilatka to the Seminole and the Cow Ford to the British.
- It has disapproved casinos (outside of sovereign Seminole and Miccosukee tribal areas) three times: 1978, 1986, and 1994.
- Seminoles based in East Florida began raiding Georgia settlements, and offering havens for runaway slaves.
- Even after removal of many Seminole to Indian Territory, Indians, often of mixed-race but culturally identifying as Muskogean, lived throughout Florida.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Seminole