Deities similar to or like Shiva
One of the principal deities of Hinduism. Wikipedia
Largest religion in the Indian subcontinent and third largest religion in the world. It comprises five major sects or denominations, Vaishnavism, Brahmanism, Saurism, Shaktism, Shaivism, whose followers consider Vishnu, Brahma, Surya, Shakti (Devi) and Shiva to be the Supreme deity respectively. Wikipedia
- Medang's religion centred on the Hindu god Shiva, and the kingdom produced some of Java's earliest Hindu temples on the Dieng Plateau.
- Nepal was officially a Hindu Kingdom until recently, and Shiva was considered the guardian deity of the country.
- It is Shiva, however, among the major deities of the Hindu pantheon, who appears in the most widely known version of the avatarana story.
- According to Hindu legend, Tamil or in personification form Tamil Thāi (Mother Tamil) was created by Lord Shiva.
- The word gaṇa when associated with Ganesha is often taken to refer to the gaṇas, a troop of semi-divine beings that form part of the retinue of Shiva, Ganesha's father.
- It is popular for its scenes of nature and connection to two Hindu lords, Vishnu and Shiva.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Shiva