Settlements similar to or like Shorapur
City and taluka in Yadgir district in the Indian state of Karnataka and a historical place. Wikipedia
- Major economic development of the city took place under Philip Meadows Taylor, the British administrator of the principality of Shorapur.
- Venkatappa Nayaka was a prominent and a last ruler from Nayak Dynasty of Shorapur / Surapura.
- The town of Shorapur is east about 25 km by road via Peth Ammapur or 37 km by the better roads.
- He took possession of Shorapur on 9 February 1858, and on 2 June he captured the fort of Nargund, the strongest in the South Maratha country.
- In February 1858 a detachment of 89 men from Kaladgi joined a field force which left the boundaries of the Bombay Presidency for Shorapur, only to find a rising there defeated by other company forces.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Shorapur