Settlements similar to or like Shymkent
City in Kazakhstan. Wikipedia
City and the administrative center of Jambyl Region in Kazakhstan, located on the Talas (Taraz) River in the south of the country near the border with Kyrgyzstan. It had a population of 330,100 (1999 Census), up 9% from 1989, making it one of the fastest-growing cities in the country, after Nur-Sultan and Turkistan. Wikipedia
Transcontinental country mainly located in Central Asia with a smaller portion west of the Ural River in Eastern Europe. It covers a land area of 2724900 km², and shares land borders with Russia in the north, China in the east, and Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan in the south while also adjoining a large part of the Caspian Sea in the southwest. Wikipedia
- In June 2018 the city of Shymkent became a "city of republican significance".
- Tashkent is situated in a well-watered plain on the road between Samarkand, Uzbekistan's second city, and Shymkent across the border.
- On 19 June 2018 Shymkent was taken out of South Kazakhstan Region and subordinated directly to the government of Kazakhstan.
- The administrative center of the region was Shymkent until 19 June 2018, when it was taken out of the region and subordinated directly to the central government.
- Also, the Emirate of Bukhara ruled Shymkent before the Russians took dominance.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Shymkent