Settlements similar to or like Sidon
Third-largest city in Lebanon. Wikipedia
One of the oldest continually inhabited cities in the world, though in medieval times for some centuries by just a tiny population. One of the earliest Phoenician metropoleis and the legendary birthplace of Europa, her brothers Cadmus and Phoenix, as well as Carthage's founder Dido . Wikipedia
- In 2009, the Resistance Brigades were reactivated, mainly comprising Sunni supporters from the southern city of Sidon.
- The state tried to suppress the demonstrators, and a sniper reportedly killed a popular figure in the city, the former Mayor of Sidon, Maarouf Saad.
- As a result, the students of the law school were transferred to Sidon.
- Sidon was dominant between the 12th and 11th centuries BC, and exercised some influence over its neighbors, but by the tenth century BC, Tyre rose to become the most powerful city.
- After this, Artaxerxes personally led an army of 330,000 men against Sidon.
- There is also the Tanzim al-Nassiri in Sidon that was formed through the followers of Maaruf Saad, and who rallied later behind his son Mustafa Saad, and now are led by Usama Saad.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Sidon